GUEST QUARTERS/ ADU
Serving Carroll, Frederick, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery, and Northern Anne Arundel Counties
A free-standing “Guest House” is more often referred to nowadays as an “ADU”, which is an abbreviation for Accessory Dwelling Unit. Like many families today, you may have considered the idea of bringing your extended family together by constructing an ADU on your property, complete with its own entrance, a fully functional eat-in kitchen, living/sitting area, bedroom/bathroom suite, and more. These ADU’s typically require a minimum of 600 square feet of living space, and can often grow to 900 square feet or more as we help you develop the project.
Design Build Remodeling Group of Maryland can help you with your ADU by offering a wide variety of solutions, often encompassing accessibility features for your guests & family members who may have physical limitations now, or who anticipate physical limitations that may develop as we age. We’ll work with you to create “universal design” plans for various sizes and styles.
The Benefits of an ADU
Many homeowners attempt to integrate families or family members within the existing home, which is of course, entirely viable. But it can add some complications that an ADU can mitigate or alleviate. When you choose an ADU, you gain:
- More space. An obvious answer, of course, but an ADU can provide you with ample space and facilities to accommodate those integrating into your family property. This can help drastically with logistics, removing much of the stress that can come with in-laws moving into your home.
- Privacy retention. Privacy is the single most challenging aspect of family integration. Continuing even the simplest of daily routines can become challenging, if not outright impossible. An ADU will offer you and the ones you’re living with added privacy so that life can go on stress-free, leaving you to simply enjoy the presence of your family members.
- Independence. If a family member is moving in with you after they retire or because they’re aging, you are doing a wonderful thing for your family. However, the loss of independence on your family member’s part can have a detrimental effect on mood and overall health. An ADU can help them maintain independence, which can lead to a higher quality of life for everyone involved.
- Space versatility. An ADU also presents an excellent opportunity for other renovations to your property, particularly regarding shared outdoor spaces.
Our ADU Services
Our team of seasoned design and build professionals can provide for all of your ADU needs, including:
- A Simple Feasibility Study, including research with local jurisdictions
- Design and planning
- Custom floor plans and suite layouts
- New walls and new drywall installation
- New flooring
- Bathroom area
- Kitchen or kitchenette
- interior/exterior lighting
- placement and quantity of windows and doors
- Separate access & entryway solutions
- And more!
Superior ADU Design and Build Services in the Suburban DC & Baltimore Areas
Regardless of your needs, our seasoned design team and master craftsmen can accommodate! We’ve been providing homeowners throughout the suburban areas of Washington, DC and Baltimore with the best in superior service, quality design, and top-tier builds for almost three decades, and our experts have all the knowledge and skill needed to meet your every need.
Our experts have built a reputation for being the best! Ready to get started on your ADU planning? Contact Design Build Remodeling Group of Maryland online today or give us a call at 443-323-0299 !
Areas we service:
Baltimore, Eldersburg, Columbia, Westminster, Ellicott City, Bethesda, Rockville, Owings Mills, Catonsville, Silver Spring, Germantown, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Frederick, Annapolis, Towson, Elkridge, Laurel, Bowie, Olney, Reisterstown, Pikesville, Severn, Potomac